Sunday, November 11, 2007

Hello World

My First ever Blog entry. I have been making web pages for over ten years, but not really in a blog format. My website, hasn't been updated much lately.

I am taking Philosophy 152, Basic Critical Thinking from Athabasca University. The beginning of this course covers stuff I should have learned in high school, but that was 31 years ago, and I hated English. High school would have been a lot more interesting if it was all Physics and Math. Now I am trying to see if I can teach my old brain some new tricks.

I am nearing the end of the first unit, and need to write a 200 word paragraph. First I need to give the topic, my intended purpose, and my main idea statement. I know what I want to write about, but not sure how to state the topic and main idea statement. My topic is - The Web. I should be a little more specific, but I am not sure how to do that, without saying the same thing as my main idea statement. My purpose is - To convince the reader that the web is about people. My main idea statement is - The web is bringing people together locally and globally.

This topic in part was inspired by a talk given by Tim Bray, where he talked about modes of communication. At the end of this segment of his talk, he mentioned that the killer app is People.

Instead of getting my writing done I am playing with flickr and Facebook. Now I just signed up on Twitter, and Blogger.

My latest photo on flickr.

Cranberry Leaves

No comments: